[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"BRINKLEY, a parish in the hundred of RADFIELD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (S. by w.) from Newmarket, containing 317 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £ 13. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. This parish is entitled to the fifth part of an estate, producing in the whole £ 100 per annum, given by Mrs. Elizabeth March, in 1729, for the instruction of children."