[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BRINKLEY is a parish and village, 3 miles south from Dullingham station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway and south-south-west from Newmarket, in the hundred of Radfield, Newmarket union and county court district, rural deanery of Cheveley, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is boulder clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans, barley and oats. The area is 1,303 acres; the population in 1921 was 242. By an Order which came into operation March 25. 1886, a detached part of this parish was amalgamated with Carlton, in Linton union."