[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BURROUGH-GREEN, a parish in the hundred of RADFIELD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5. miles (S.) from Newmarket, containing 381 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £18. 10., and in the'patronage of the Duke of Rutland. The church is dedicated to St. Augustine. A charity school is endowed with about £30 per annum, chiefly arising from a benefaction from Samuel Knight, D.D., in 1734. Editha, consort of Edward the Confessor, had a palace here."