Geographical and Historical information from the year 1900.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"BURWELL, Burwell is an extensive parish and village. It includes part of the hamlet of Reach, with a station on the Cambridge and Mildenhall branch of the Great Eastern railway, andis 5 miles north-west from Newmarket, in the Eastern division of the county, hundred of Staploe, Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county couty district, rural deanery of Fordham, archdeaconry of Sudbury and diocese of Ely."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]