Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CALDECOTE, (or Caldecot), is a parish, 4 miles north east from the Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, about 8 west from Cambridge and about 12 north from Royston, in the hundred of Longstow, petty sessional division and union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The impropriate tithes of this parish, anciently given by Picot de Cambridge to the monks of Barnwell, are now vested in the Master and Fellows of Christ's College, Cambridge. The land is nearly all freehold. The principal landowners are Clare and Christ's Colleges, Cambridge. The soil is heavy clay; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, barley and beans. The area is 948 acres; the population 1921 was 161."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]