"CALDECOTE, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, in the county of Cambridge, 4 miles to the east of Caxton, and 8 west of Cambridge, its post town. It is watered by a branch of the river Cam. The living is a vicarage united with the rectory of Toft, in the diocese of Ely, of the joint value of £287, in the patronage of the Master and Follows of Christ's College, Cambridge; the impropriate tithes having been given by Picot de Cambridge to the monks of Barnwell. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The register dates from 1728, previous to which year the church was a chapel to Bourn. There are charitable endowments worth £4 a year.