Monumental inscriptions in the churchyard for the years 1386, 1696-1831 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives and are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Bookstall. Burials for St Peter are also to be found in the cemtery at St Giles..
"The parish of St. Peter, by a provisional order which came into operation on March 25th, 1885, was amalgamated with that of St. Giles. The church, on Castle hill, is an ancient edifice of stone in the Norman, Early English and Decorated styles, consisting of nave, 29 feet long and 16 feet wide, and a small embattled tower with spire containing one bell, cast at the foundry of Peter van den Gheyn, of Louvain, in 1560 : the entrance is on the south side through a Norman doorway, and there is an early and curious font, consisting of a square basin, carved on a low, moulded circular base. The registers, which date from 1586, are kept at St. Giles's church. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of St. Giles." [Kelly's Directory - 1929] The parish was united with St. Giles in 1971.
Cambridge St Peter: Records of baptisms 1586-1645, 1658-1844, marriages 1586-1758, 1960-71, burials 1586-1908 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives later entries and marriages 1758-1960 are at Saint Giles. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1835 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridge Record Office for the parish registers 1586-1758.
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 on microfilm, 1829-32, 1857-91 and 1916-1948.