"CARLTON CUM WILLINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Radfield, in the county of Cambridge, 8 miles to the south of Newmarket, its post town, and 5 miles south-east from the Six-mile Bottom and Dullingham stations, both on the Cambridge and Newmarket railway. It is situated in a beautiful country on the border of Suffolk. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value with the perpetual curacy of Willingham annexed, of £287, in the patronage of the trustees of the late Rev. W. S. P. Wilder. The church, which is a small ancient building, is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains a monument to Sir Thomas Elliott, who died in 1546. The parochial charities are of small value, and there is an infants' school with an endowment of £3 per annum. The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel here. Lord Dacre is lord of the manor.
See also the unrelated Willingham Parish page."
"SIX MILE BOTTOM, is a hamlet in the parishes of Little Wilbraham, Bottisham, Brinkley, Carlton cum Willingham, Swaffham Bulbeck, Westley Waterless, and Weston Colville. It has a station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway. There is a congregational chapel, erected in 1881, with 80 sittings, and a reading room and library. There is also a recreation ground, pleasantly situated near the railway station and enclosed by a double row of trees : a cross of rough granite was erected in 1924 as a memorial to the men of this parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18. Swyntord Paddocks is the residence of Capt. Malcolm Bollock M.B.E., M.P.
See also Six Mile Bottom main page."
"WILLINGHAM, a chapelry in the parish of Carlton cum Willingham, hundred of Radfield, county Cambridge, 5 miles south-east of Newmarket."