|Carlton cum Willingham
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"CARLTON CUM WILLINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of RADFIELD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 65 miles (S.) from Newmarket, containing, with the chapelry of Willingham, 363 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £9, and in the patronage of Lord Dacre. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. Sir Thomas Elliot, author of a Latin dictionary, and other works, resided here, and dying in 1546, was buried in the church."
"WILLINGHAM, a chapelry in the parish of CARLTON CUM WILLINGHAM, hundred of RADFIELD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (S by E.) from Newmarket: the population is returned with the parish. It is within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely. The chapel is dedicated to St. Matthew."