|Carlton cum Willingham
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CARLTON-CUM-WILLINGHAM is a parish and village, on the borders of Suffolk, 5 miles south-east from Six Mile Bottom station and 4½ south-south-east from Dullingham station, both on the Cambridge and Newmarket branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 7 south of Newmarket and 8 north-east from Linton, in the hundred of Radfield, union and petty sessional division of Linton, Newmarket county court district, rural deanery of Cheveley and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is various; subsoil, clay, chalk and gravel. The crops are wheat, barley, oats and beans. The area is 2,415 acres; the population in 1921 was 254. By an Order which came into operation March 25th, 1886, a detached part of Brinkley, in the Newmarket union, was amalgamated with this parish.
Willingham Green is a place in the parish."