Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Cherry Hinton, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1900.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1900.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"CHERRY HINTON is a parish containing a few extensive farms: the village is in a pleasant position 2½ miles south-east from Cambridge, in the Eastern division of the county, Flendish hundred, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, Cambridge county court district, rural deanery of Cambridge and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The parish is now divided ecclesiastically into two, viz. St. Andrew and St. John, the latter adjoining and forming a suburb of the city of Cambridge."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]