GENUKI Home page    Cherry Hinton Parish<br>main page Cherry Hinton
Parish
main page

CHERRY HINTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1900.

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]

"CHERRY HINTON is a parish containing a few extensive farms: the village is in a pleasant position 2½ miles south-east from Cambridge, in the Eastern division of the county, Flendish hundred, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, Cambridge county court district, rural deanery of Cambridge and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The parish is now divided ecclesiastically into two, viz. St. Andrew and St. John, the latter adjoining and forming a suburb of the city of Cambridge."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014