[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CHEVELEY is a parish and village, 3 miles south east from Newmarket station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway: it gives its name to a hundred, and is in the Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Cheveley, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
Chevelev Park is now the property of various owners, and a large portion is being developed as a building estate. The soil is chalk and clay ; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 2,559 acres; the population in 1921 was 599.