[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CHILDERLEY is a parish, 6½ miles north-east from the Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and about 6 from Swavesey station on the London and North Eastern railway, 9 north-west from Cambridge and 13 north-east from St. Neots, in hundred and union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is strong clay; subsoil, yellow clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,072 acres; the population in 1921 was 24."