Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1929.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CHIPPENHAM is a parish and village, 5 miles north-east from Newmarket station, in the hundred of Staploe, Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county court district and in the rural deanery of Fordham, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 4,301 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 481."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]