[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CHIPPENHAM is a parish and village, 5 miles north-east from Newmarket station, in the hundred of Staploe, Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county court district and in the rural deanery of Fordham, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 4,301 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 481."