Geographical and Historical information from the year 1900.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"COMBERTON is a parish, bounded on the south by the Bourn brook, about 2 miles north-west from Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London and North Western railway, and 5-and-a-half west-south-west from Cambridge, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Wetherly, union of Chesterton, Cambridge petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is heavy clay; subsoil, chalk and gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,954 acres; rateable value, £1,844; the population in 1891 was 453."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]