GENUKI Home page    Conington Parish<br>main page Conington
Parish
main page

CONINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

"CONINGTON is a parish on the borders of Hunts, 4 miles south from St. Ives station on the London and North Eastern railway, 7 south-east from Huntingdon and 10 north-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Papworth, petty sessional division of Cambridge, union of St. Ives, county court district of Huntingdon, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.

The soil is clay and loamy gravel; subsoil, clay and gault The chief crops are wheat, beans and barley. The area is 1,522 acres; the population in 1921 was 108 in the civil parish and 234 in the ecclesiastical parish."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014