[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CROXTON is a parish on the Huntingdonshire border, about 4 miles east from St. Neots station on the main line of the London and North Eastern railway and 13 west from Cambridge. in the hundred of Longstowe petty sessional division of Caxton, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of St. Neots, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
Croxton Park contains a large mansion of red brick, situated near the church, in well-wooded grounds of about 400 acres, with a small lake, and is the seat of Sir (George) Douglas Cochrane Newton K.D.E., M.P., D.L., J.P. who is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is stiff clay ; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats, beans and barley. The area is 1,904 acres of land and 5 of water; the population in 1921 was 234."