"CROXTON, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, in the county of Cambridge, 3 miles north-west of Caxton, its post town, and 12 west of Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £185, in the patronage of G. 0. Newton, Esq. The tithes were commuted in 1811. The church, dedicated to St. James, contains monuments of the Leeds family, and on the north door a carving of the "Virgin and Child" in bold relief. The charities amount to £35 per annum. G. 0. Newton, Esq., is lord of the manor, and resides at Croxton Park."