[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"CROYDON CUM CLOPTON, a parish in the hundred of ARMINGFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S. by E.) from Caxton, containing, with Clapton, 368 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the rectory of Clapton consolidated, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £7. 9. 7., and in the patronage of the Rev. T. Gape. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
"CLOPTON, a village in the parish of Croydon cum Clopton, in the hundred of ARMINGFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S. R. by S.) from Caxton. The population is returned with the parish of Croydon. The living is a discharged rectory, consolidated with the vicarage of Croydon, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £4. 9- 7."