|Croydon cum Clopton
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"CROYDON CUM CLOPTON is a parish, and is generally know by the name of Croydon; it is 7 miles north-west from Royston and 4 south from Old North Road station, in the hundred of Armingford, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clayey, and the subsoil chalk and gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 2,711 acres; rateable value, £2,577; the population in 1881 was 478."