"CROYDON-CUM-CLOPTON, (or Croydon or Clapton) a parish in the hundred of Armingford, in the county of Cambridge, 4½ miles south of Caxton, and 6 north-west of Royston. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value with the rectory of Clayton annexed, £449, in the patronage of J. F. Gape, Esq., who is lord of the manor. The church is dedicated to All Saints. A commodious National school was built in 1858. Coprolites are found here in abundance.