Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"DRY DRAYTON is a parish, 3½ miles south-west from Oakington station on the St. Ives and Cambridge section of the London and North Eastern railway and 7 north-west from Cambridge station, in the hundred and union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery North Stowe, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is heavy clay; subsoil, gault and chalk. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 2,421 acres; the population in 1921 was 350. [Kelly's Directory - 1929]
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]