[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"DUXFORD, a parish, comprising the parishes of Duxford- St. Peter and Duxford-St. John, in the hundred of WHITTLESFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (W.) from Linton, containing 605 inhabitants. The living of St. Peter's is a rectory, rated in the king's books at £21. 6. 8., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. That of St. John's is a discharged vicarage, rated in the king's books at £ 13.3.4., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge; they are in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The boundaries of each parish not being accurately known, the two are assessed as one. Here is a school under the direction of nine feoffees, founded pursuant to the will of the Rev. Richard King, in 1649, and endowed with £ 27 per annum; also the remains of an ancient hospital, the chapel of which is now used as a barn."