[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"DUXFORD, comprising the ancient parishes of St. Peter and St. John, (now constituting a single parish for all purposes), is 1 mile south from Whittlesford station on the London and Cambridge section of the London and North Eastern railway (which is in this parish), 9 south from Cambridge and 7 west from Linton, in the hundred of Whittlesford, union and petty sessional division of Linton, county court district of Saffron Walden, rural deanery of Camps and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is gravelly and chalky; subsoil, gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 3,233 acres of land and 6 of water; the population in 1921 was 734."