[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"EAST HATLEY is a parish, about 3 miles south--east from Gamlingay station on the Bedford and Cambridge section of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, 7 north-west from Royston and about 13 south--west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The Master and Fellows of Downing College are lords of the manor and sole landowners. The soil is clay, in some parts heavy; subsoil, boulder clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,189 acres; the population in 1921 was 100."