[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"ELSWORTH, a parish in the hundred of PAPWORTH, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (N.N.E.) from Caxton, containing 773 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £ 14. 6. 0. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. There is a trifling endowment for a school. Dr. Franklin, in 1695, bequeathed £400 for building and endowing three almshouses for poor widows."