[Extracted from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]
"CHETTISHAM is a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Ely St. Mary, situate about two miles north west from Ely. Its acreage is included with Ely; and its population is about fifty only. The township contains only six or eight houses. The Chapel is a plain building; the living is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of the dean and chapter of Ely. The tithes are included with those of Ely, and the value of the living, as returned, £70 per annum.""