GENUKI Home page    Genuki Home Page GENUKI
Homepage
  Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire

This page contains the Extra-Parochial places for Cambridgeshire

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"BYALL FEN, an extra-parochial district, in the hundred and Isle of Ely, in the county of Cambridge, 7 miles to the north-west of Ely."

"CHRIST COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place in the liberty of Cambridge University, in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"CLARE HALL, an extra-parochial place, in the liberty of Cambridge University, in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place belonging to the University and in the county of Cambridge."

"ELY COLLEGE, an extra-parochial place in Ely city, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge. See Ely."

"GRUNTY-FEN, an extra parochial place in the hundred of South Witchford, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Ely. The principal residence is Grunty House.

(See also the Grunty Fen Parish pages)"

"JESUS COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in Cambridge University, county Cambridge, which see."

"KING'S COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in Cambridge University, county Cambridge. See Cambridge."

"MAGDALEN COLLEGE, an extra parochial place of Cambridge University, in the town and county of Cambridge, which see."

"PEMBROKE HALL, an extra parochial liberty in the county of Cambridge. See Cambridge University."

"SIDNEY SUSSEX COLLEGE, an extra parochial place in the liberty of Cambridge University, county Cambridge."

"TRINITY COLLEGE, an extra parochial place, in the University of Cambridge county Cambridge."

"WELCHES-DAM, an extra parochial liberty in the hundred of South Witchford, county Cambridge, 6 miles north-west of Ely. It is situated in the Isle of Ely, near the Old Bedford river.

Welches Dam, formerly an extra-parochial area which was divided civilly between Chatteris and Manea in 1960, but for ecclesiaistical purposes it is now divided between Chatteris and Mepal.

(See also Welches Dam Parish pages)"

"WOLVEY-HILLS and WOLVEY-HOLES, extra parochial places adjoining the parish of Witcham, county Cambridge, 3 miles south-west of Ely."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Gazetteers

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014