Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"FEN DITTON is a parish and village on the east bank of the river Cam, at the juncture of the Fleam Dyke, 2½ miles north-north-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Flendish, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, Cambridge county court district, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats, beans and peas. The area is 1,915 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 781."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]