Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"FEN DRAYTON (or Fenny Drayton) is a parish and village, about 4 miles south-east from St Ives, 9½ northwest front Cambridge and 2¾ south west from Swavesey station on the St. Ives and Cambridge section of the London and North Eastern railway; it is in the hundred of Papworth, Cambridge petty sessional division, union of St. Ives, county court district of Huntingdon, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil varies and in parts is very fertile producing wheat, beans, barley, oats, turnips, mangolds, potatoes and large quantities of flowers; the subsoil is gravel. The area is 1,482 acres of land and 10 of water; the population in 1921 was 246."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]