[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"FORDHAM is a parish and village, on the road to Ely, with a station about half a mile from the village, on the Ely and Newmarket and Cambridge and Mildenhall branches of the London and North Eastern railway, 5 miles north from Newmarket, and 3 south-east of Soham, in the hundred of Staploe, union, petty sessional division and county court district of Newmarket, rural deanery of Fordham. archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed, consisting of gravel, sand, loam and clay; subsoil, various. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. There are nurseries and seed growing establishments here belonging to Messrs. Charles Townsend Ltd., Charles Morley, John Golding and others. The area is 4,195 acres of land and 9 of water; the population in 1921 was 1,461."