[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"FOXTON, a parish in the hundred of THRIPLOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S. S.W.) from Cambridge, containing 368 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £11. 2. 11., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely. The church, erected about the year 1456, is dedicated to St. Lawrence. A market and two fairs were anciently held here; one fair is still held at Easter."