Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"FOXTON is a parish and village, near the old road to Cambridge and on the river Rhea, with a station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 50 miles from London, about 7 south from Cambridge and 6 north-east from Royston, in the hundred of Thriplow, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is gravelly and chalky; the subsoil, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat and barley. The area is 1,752 acres ; the population in 1921 was 480."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]