Geographical and Historical information from the year 1900.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"FULBOURN is a consolidated parish and village, with a station on the Cambridge and Newmarket section of the Great Eastern railway, 5 miles east-south-east from Cambridge, in the Eastern division on the county, hundred of Flendish, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, Cambridge county court district, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely: it includes two parishes, viz. All Saints' and St. Vigor's.
The soil is loam; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat and barley. The area is 5,263 acres; rateable value, £10,189; the population in 1891 was 1,807, including 496 inmates at the asylum."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]