Girton, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
GIRTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"GIRTON, a parish in the hundred of NORTHSTOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (N.N.W.) from Cam- bridge, containing 325 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £18. 4. 4. Sir S. V. Cotton, Bart, was patron in 1807. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew; its tower is in the later style of English architecture."