[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GOREFIELD is an ecclesiastical parish, in the Isle of Ely, formed under the provisions of the Leverington Rectory Act, 1870, out of the civil parishes of Leverington, Newton and Parson Drove, and is 4 miles north-west from Wisbech, in the hundred, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Wisbech, rural deanery and archdeaconry of Wisbech and diocese of Ely.
The parish room, erected in 1904 at a cost of £300, and enlarged in 1925, is a building in the Gothic style, used as a Sunday school and temporary day school. The soil is rich loam; subsoil, clay; the chief crops are fruit, oats, beans, potatoes, wheat and mustard. The population in 1921 was 1,489."
"The church of St. Paul, erected in 1870 is a building of flint and stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, vestry, south porch and a turret containing one bell: there are 308 sittings. The register dates from the year 1871. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £647, with residence, in the gift of thc Bishop of Ely, and held since 1915 by Rev. John Hagley Rutter M.A. of Exeter College, Oxford. There is a Congregational chapel, erected in 1836, which has 200 sittings." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]