GENUKI Home page    Grantchester Parish<br>main page Grantchester
Parish
main page

GRANTCHESTER:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750]
(unless otherwise stated)

"GRANCESTER, (Cambridgeshire) on the Cam, S. of Cambridge. In Bede's time it was a small desolate city, and now it is but a little village. Part of it was settled by Henry VI. upon the college, which he built, and called King's-College."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2011]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014