GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

GREAT ABINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"GREAT ABINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Chilford, in the county of Cambridge, 2 miles north-west of Linton. Cambridge is the post town. It is situated on the south bank of the river Granta, 6 miles from the Chesterford station of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £120, and in the patronage of T. Mortlock, Esq, whose seat is Abington Park. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and is in the early English style.

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Land and Property

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014