Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GREAT EVERSDEN is a parish, 3 miles southwest from Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and 7 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstow, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clunch, clay and gault and the subsoil, gravel, gault, and in some parts chalk, of which there are several quarries. The area is 1,400 acres; the population in 1921 was 170."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]