"GREAT EVERSDEN, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-east of Caxton, and 5 south-west of Cambridge, its post town. It is situated near Bourn brook and Naro Way. Chalk is quarried, and fossils are found in great numbers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £59, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities produce about £3 per annum. The register commences in 1541. The Independents have a chapel, and there is a British school for both sexes. The President and Fellows of Queen's College, Cambridge, are the lords of the manor.