[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"GREAT WILBRAHAM, a parish in the hundred of STAINE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 7 miles (E. by S.) from Cambridge, containing 495 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's bpoks at £ll.'l8. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Mrs. Hicks. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a cruciform structure, with a tower at the west endj it had originally a tower rising from the centre. The manor-house, an ancient building formerly belonging to the Knights Templars, is still called the Temple."