[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GRUNTY FEN is a parish, which was formerly extra-parochial, adjoins Wilburton; area 1,793
acres; population in 1921 was 97; Stretham and Wilburton railway stations are both
in this parish.
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
Grunty Fen is reputed to be extra-parochial for ecclesiastical puposes.
Grunty Fen, an extra-parochial area, amalgamated with Wilburton for civil purposes in 1933."
- The Census Records for Grunty Fen 1841-1891 are held in the Cambridgeshire Archives.
- Land Tax:
records are included with those for
This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014