[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GUYHIRN WITH RINGSEND, these places were formed into an ecclesiastical parish, March 28, 1871, from the civil parishes of Wisbech St. Peter and Wisbech St. Mary, including the hamlet of Thorney Toll, which is 3½ miles west, and a portion of Wisbech St. Mary, with nearly the whole of Wisbech Fen."
"The church of St. Mary Magdalene, erected at a cost of £3,700 and consecrated in 1878, is built upon the site of an earlier church of the same name which existed here in the 15th century: the present edifice, designed by the late Sir Geo. Gilbert Scott R.A. consists of chancel, nave, transepts, south porch and a western turret containing 3 bells, which was restored in 1920 at a cost of £460: the eagle lectern was carved by the Hon. Mrs. Montgomery, of Edinburgh, who also gave an oak communion table: the stone pulpit and font were given by friends from Devonshire and the parishioners: there are memorial windows to William Herbert Carpenter, d. 1878, and others to the Marriott family: the church affords 350 sittings. The register dates from the year 1871."
"The old chapel of ease, now used as a mortuary chapel, is a plain building of stone, erected in 1660, and restored in 1918 at a cost of £135 ; it has a bell dated 1637."
"There is a Primitive Methodist chapel and a Wesleyan chapel at Ringsend."
"At Thorney Toll is a school church and a Roman Catholic chapel." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]