|Guyhirn with Ringsend
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"GUYHIRN, in the parish of Guyhirn with Ringsend, and is on the navigable river Nene, here crossed by an iron girder bridge belonging to the London and North Eastern railway, and also by a new reinforced concrete bridge, suitable for vehicular traffic, which was opened in 1925. Guyhirn has a station on the London and North Eastern railway, and is 4 miles north-west from March Junction station on the same line and 6 south-west from Wisbech, in the hundred, petty sessional division, union, county court district, rural deanery and archdeaconry of Wisbech and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clay and silt; subsoil, silt. The chief crops an potatoes, wheat and oats. The population in 1921 was 1,166."