Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HADDENHAM, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of WITCHFORD-Isle-of-ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from Ely, containing 1725 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely, and in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Ely. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is principally in the Norman style. Baptists and Wesleyan Methodists have each a place of worship. There are two sums of £10 and £ 17 per annum for the education of children; the former the gift of Mrs. March, the latter of Mr. Arkenstall."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]