[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HADDENHAM is a parish and village, with a station on the Ely, Sutton and St. Ives branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 78 miles from London, south-west from Ely and 15 north from Cambridge, in the South Witchford hundred, petty sessional division county court district and union of Ely, Isle of Ely and rural deanery of Ely, archdeaconry of Wisbech and diocese of Ely.
The soil on the high lands is gravelly, and part stiff clay; subsoil sand; the whole of the fen lands have been drained and are in cultivation. The crops are sugar beet, fruit, wheat, barley, oats, potatoes end turnips. The area is 8,925 acres of land and inland water and a tidal water; the population in 1921 was 1,655, including Aldreth South, or Alderwith South, about 1½ miles south-west, and Hill Row West, 1 mile west, hamlets belonging to Haddenham.."