[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HARDWICK is a parish, 5 miles north-by-west from Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and 6 west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstowe, union and petty sessional division of Caxton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is stiff clay subsoil, gault. The crops are wheat, barley and beans and a considerable quantity of pasture land. The area is 1,390 acres; the population in 1921 was 149."