[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HARLTON is a parish on the old Roman road to Cambridge, 1½ miles south of Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge line of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and 6 south-west of Cambridge, in the hundred of Wetherley, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Chesterton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil and subsoil are partly clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans, barley and fruit. The area is 1,261 acres ; the population in 1921 was 214."